Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Smell Something Fishy

I like fish. No, not eat fish (though I like that too). It's the way they swim in the water, the way they swish their tails and fins, especially when they are long. Like fighting fish and veil-tailed goldfish.

I used to keep lots of goldfish. For some reason, my fish tank had some microorganisms which refused to be killed no matter what we tried.. and that was the cause of death for my goldfishies. I would disinfect it and buy fish after fish, but they still died the same death as the rest. It got too tiring and I stopped buying more after the last one died.

Fighting fishies are relatively easier to keep. They don't need those oxygen pump thingy because it's their nature to swim up to the surface to get air. I found a fighting fish breeder at the Mont Kiara flea market many years ago and bought really nice ones. But they're no longer around anymore to swish their tails and the breeder has stopped appearing at the market. :(

Sigh.. those fishy days.

Anyway, I've created new (mini) metal bookmarks to remember my love for fishies (sort of). It's a simple wirework fish and the inspiration came from a beading book that I'm currently reading.


Tada! Fishy bookmarks!

More information on these bookmarks in the next (and nextnext) posts! :D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails