Friday, January 2, 2009

Robbed on the 1st Day of 2009

Yep, you read it right. A man who pretended to be Telekom guy came in to 'fix' my land line which wasn't working.

He had this whole big scheme planned out. Three days ago, I realized I couldn't connect to the Internet. My modem's DSL light was not blinking at all. Sensing that my phoneline could be down, I picked up the phone and true enough, there was no dialtone. Called TM Point the next day and made a complaint.

I realized my next door neighbour's phone was not working too. So was my back door neighbour's phone. So, naturally, I thought something went wrong with the telephone pole which was right behind my house.

Yesterday, a man on motorbike (I didn't get his number plate! Argh!) who claimed that he was from Telekom came into my house and my neighbours' houses to check the telephone wires and sockets. I summore showed him the fax machine in my room which wasn't working. He opened all the sockets and disconnected all the wires.

Then he said that he'd leave to get his equipment. As he came out of my room, he turned back to tell me to reconnect the wire into the socket.

AND THAT WAS THE MOMENT I DIDN'T SEE HIM STEAL MY MOBILE PHONE FROM THE DINING TABLE! GERAMMMMMM..

After 20 minutes he didn't come back. Our sockets were still undone, with the wires exposed. It hadn't occured to me that my mobile phone was missing. Until I needed to sms my friend. I looked everywhere for it and I couldn't find it. Used mum's phone to call mine and discovered that it was switched off. Then only I realized that it was stolen.

Checked with next door neighbour and back door neighbour - they lost 2 mobile phones, a digital camera and a bunch of house keys.

It was quite puzzling how that impostor knew that our phoneline was down. THEN THEN THEN.. the REAL TELEKOM GUY IN HIS UNIFORM APPEARED! GAHHHHH!! If only he was earlierrrrrrrrr.. He was up on the telephone pole when I saw him. When he saw me, he told me that someone has deliberately cut our phonelines!

Told you he got it all planned. Sigh. Emo maximoos.

Anyway, my number remains. Was at Digi Centre getting a new simcard, now complaining on my blog at SS2 Mcds. Sorry if any smses or calls went unanswered yesterday. :s

Hope you'll be warned if you encounter something like this. Don't be fooled by impostors. Ask for identification, even though if it's the real guy. Forward this to your peers if you have to.

P/S: I completely disagreed when I proofread my police report. The thief was addressed as 'Beliau'. WTFREAKKKK!! THAT CRIMINAL SO TOTALLY DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE ADDRESSED AS BELIAU! Hmmmph!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cis! They got the cheek to call a thief a 'beliau'! Adoi..what has our primary school teachers taught them..hmm..

Thanks for posting this up. Will be extra extra careful since we are staying so nearby and my room's also facing the tel. poll!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with us! Will surely be a lot more careful when letting people in the house now..nowadays the so-called beliaus are surely getting braver..cutting phonelines and all..haihz

::puteri eiman:: said...

hye there!now i knw y i cnt get send a msg to u earlier. thx a lot 4 sharing this with us. ppl nowadays can be so damn fucking scary! =( hope everything will b ok yea!tc dear & cant wait 4 my rainbow bracelet!will sms u once i hv banked in. =D XOXO

A Fashion Story said...

Hey girl, Luckily they didnt did anything that will harm you. THanks for sharing. WE really need to be careful nowadays

Jane Chew said...

gosh.. another story. i was robbed last Sept. need to be careful especially during economic downturn.

mel*r said...

Hi, was browsing through your page.
Lovely beads!
Just wanted to let you know i posted this entry on my facebook as well as a link to your website.

I think its very important to educate people....so i added your link and copy paste the entry as a 'note' on my facebook page.

Thank you for sharing this incident.

Related Posts with Thumbnails