Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wordy Announcement

Hi!

Just a brief note to tell you that I'm still here! :) And I'm sorry for the lack of frequent updates, but fret not! I'm excited to tell you that I have new designs, coming on their way! They're sitting on my table now, waiting to be photographed.

I went to KL for bead therapy after many many days of not being able to go to KL after my kindy work. Phew! It was kinda therapeutic which turned stressful when I couldn't decide on which beads to buy and the financial budget I was on.. yikes! I bought lovely beads like turquoise-coloured agate tiles (can't wait to wire-wrap them!), cube glass beads which look very icy and round glass beads which look very very much like bubbles! Besides that, I also found red oval coral beads with floral motifs carved on them. It looks like red coral but the texture doesn't suggest red coral.. kinda greasy and rubbery to the touch. Reminds me of rubber stamps. :p Still thinking of a design with those oriental beads.

Last Sunday, I was approached to give a beading class to a group of ten mothers in my church. It's gonna happen this afternoon. I hope it'll go well.. am co-teaching it with my friend, Sui Ling who makes wonderful Swarovski earrings. :D I'm having sore throat now, and I don't know how I'll be able to teach without a voice.. hehe! Let's see how it'll go. :)

Oh yeah, looky looky looky I was in New Straits Times two Saturdays ago!


folded it like hamchoy pulak. :s

I've got a whole lot of people to thank - Alex of Jumping Beads who recommended me, Suzie and Jehan (please correct me spelling if it's wrong! It's a sin in journalism to spell someone's name wrongly, aye?) of NST and the sweet photographer who took nice shots of my creations. :) Thank you!

3 comments:

Ciyou said...

congrates on seeing you at newspaper~~ must be famous by now liao o~~

Will u be joining the art for grab at may too?

Paul Long said...

Congrats! And I hope your business takes off well.

Agnes Sim said...

wow..congrates!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails